How much do you know about the kingdom of the warm-blooded?
1. What is the name of the toothed nocturnal animal, native to Africa, that lives in burrows and feeds mainly on ants and termites?
2. The term ‘cetacean’ is used to describe what type of mammal?
3. Which animal spends virtually its entire existence hanging by its legs from the boughs of trees?
4. Which is the largest type of bear?
5. What term is applied to mammals such as the kangaroo who carry their young in a pouch?
6. The mouflon, varieties of which inhabit the mountains of south-west Asia, as well as Corsica and Sardinia, is what kind of animal?
7. Bengal, Chinese, Sumatran and Siberian are all subspecies of what type of creature native to south and south-east Asia?
8. Apart from human beings, which is the only animal to have unique ‘fingerprints’?
9. Which is the only mammal capable of sustained flight?
10. Name the mammal, genus Procyon and native to North and Central America, that is grey in appearance with a dark band around its tail, a pale face and a band across its eyes.
See next page for answers
Health & Wellbeing
Food & Recipes
Home & Garden